Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Book vs. Movie

Little Children vs. Little Children
The Explanation: Both are great. The acting in the movie is something the book can't do, obviously, but the book is way funnier than the movie. On the other hand, the movie cuts a lot of the flashbacks in the book which makes the movie slightly better.
The Verdict: The movie.

The Ring vs. Ring
The Explanation: This is almost hard to do. Again, both are very good, but they are completely different. The Japanese version is more faithful to the book, but Verbinski's version is scary and satisfying.
The Verdict: Both.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button vs. the short story
The Explanation: As expected, F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story is great. It, unlike the movie, is satirical and funny rather than melodramatic. The movie is sentimental and long, but still find a place in my heart that the book doesn't. Also, the makeup is just fantastic.
The Verdict: The movie.

The Ruins vs. the book
The Explanation: The movie may have been bashed by critics, but it really wasn't that bad. I was entertained and I had fun. The movie was pretty faithful to Scott Smith's book. The main difference is that I didn't found the movie very creepy. The book was so scary I found that I couldn't read it before I went to bed like I usually do.
The Verdict: The book wins by a mile

"True Blood": Season 1 vs. Dead Until Dark
The Explanation: The sexed up series is a wild ride that the books just don't do for me. Yes, the books are funny, but they just don't do the same thing the series does for me. Both move at a really fast pace. The book cuts many of the sex scenes which may or may not be better depending on what you're looking for.
The Verdict: The series

No comments: